Friday, April 25, 2008

World’s 100 Sexiest Women: The list has either left me confused or caught me blind

What is wrong – my eyes, or the four different news reports I saw on the list of world’s sexiest women 2008 that has been released by FHM? Why do the reports differ from the list published on the FHM website?

FHM’s website (http://www.fhm.com/site/100sexiest/topten/one.aspx) lists the following as the top ten:
1 Megan Fox
2 Jessica Alba
3 Keeley Hazel
4 Elisha Cuthbert
5 Hayden Panettiere
6 Scarlett Johansson
7 Cheryl Cole
8 Hilary Duff
9 Angelina Jolie
10 Keira Knightley

Though all the four news reports I read this morning are right about the winner, Megan Fox, the rest of the lists seem to come from somewhere else. Or, is it my sleep-laden eyes? The most remarkable thing about these incorrect-in-my-eyes reports is that they are consistent! Yeah, if they were wrong, they could not be so consistent. I need your help here. I checked the 2008 list, not any other year’s. I also made sure I saw the date on the news reports. All say April, 2008! Then, what is wrong?

Here are the highlights of the differences as I see them.

CNN – Reported by Associated Press
1 Megan Fox ---------- Bingo!
2 Jessica Biel ------- I found her at 13
3 Jessica Alba ------- I found her at 2
4 Elisha Cuthbert ---- Bingo!
5 Scarlett Johansson - I found her at 6
6 Emmanuelle Chriqui - Did not find her in the list!
7 Hilary Duff -------- I found her at 8
8 Tricia Helfer ------ I found her at 73!
9 Blake Lively ------- Did not find her in the list!
10 Kate Beckinsale --- I found her at 12
100 Britney Spears --- I found her at 31. Holly Willoughby was at 100.

Other news websites have similar reports, with some declaring Victoria Beckham at 99. I found her at 98. Am I looking at the right report? Here are the other three news links for you to verify against the FHM list (http://www.fhm.com/site/100sexiest/topten/one.aspx):


Let me know if I need to see an ophthalmologist.

2 comments:

plain boring jane said...

so, i get the whole idea of having a whole new blog...even cricket and the ad controversy (which i must admit i've never seen myself) i get...but the world's sexiest woman........now that is something i didn't see coming. hmmff, i dunno any of these women..shows how little of tv i get to watch, eh? i still think rihana should have been one of the top 5 in terms of the year...but otherwise, where's gwyneth paltrow? i'm disheartened to see knightly somewhere at the bottom of the list too. who are the top 10 sexiest woman, according to you?

Anuradha Exwaized said...

you and your two louwves, dear! even if you are not, do you really care as to who is.